I started the day off by de-christmasing the house. It is a bit sad really the living room looks so bare now but its good to get back to reality I guess. For the last week and a half I have been living in that strange period of time where you don’t know what day it is, before you can blink it is 3pm and you don’t know what you have done with the morning. I have over indulged during the Christmas period and the last few days of eating normal food has been lovely.
Once I had took all the decorations down it was too late for breakfast and too early for lunch so I had a quick rummage in the fridge.
I love a wrap, I have probably mentioned this before. Its because you can literally throw anything in them and you have a meal. Left over beans in you pop, a rogue potato sitting on the fridge shelf, yes why not put that in too, some Mexican rice from the cupboard, sure!
1 Green Pepper – £0.30
1/2 Red Onion – £0.07
1 Potato – £0.11
4 Mushrooms – £0.25
1/2 pack of Mexican Rice – £0.18
4 eggs – £0.47
40g Cheddar Cheese – £0.17
200g Baked Beans – £0.15
2 x wraps – £0.22
For the Salsa
10 cherry Tomatoes – £0.15
1/2 Red Onion – £0.07
1 tbsp corriander – £0.08
1tsp Lazy Garlic – £0.10
Lime Juice £0.05
Total Cost – £2.37
Cost Per Serving – £1.19
1) Begin by making the salsa, chop the tomatoes and onion into small pieces and mix together. Add a dash of lime juice, the garlic and corriander and mix well. Put to one side for later.
2) Heat a pan with a dash of olive oil, chop the potatoes into small even sized chunks and fry in the pan, stirring occasionally
3) Slice the peppers, onions and mushrooms. Add to the pan of potatoes. Fry until cooked.
4) Cook the Mexican rice according to packet instructions and add half of the pack to the potato, pepper mix, stir in half a tin of baked beans and cook until the beans are hot.
5) Warm each wrap by placing in a hot frying pan for 30 seconds, flip and cook the other side for a further 30 seconds.
6) Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan, crack the eggs into a cup and whisk with a fork, add to hot pan stirring continously. Once cooked remove from heat.
7) Place wraps on a plate, top with a generous helping of the potato, pepper and rice mix. Top with the freshly cooked scrambled eggs, sprinkle with cheese and serve with the delicious homemade salsa.